Visual Effects / Technical Artist
We are looking for a creative Visual Effects Artist who has a passion for games.
You will enter the team as VFX Artist, in charge of designing and creating VFX such as animation, procedural simulations, dynamic simulations, particle and fluid systems, lighting and rendering FX elements, and producing composites to showcase ideas and concepts and implementing your work in the Unity Engine.
You will be expected to know your way around some industry-standard 3D software packages, deliver quality 3D models and animations, and provide technical solutions for the implementation of animations and cinematics.
You will also work with Developers, Artists, and Game Designers to develop features and tools related to visual effects implementation, as required by the project you are working on.
This is a key position, involving a broad range of specialties: 3D and 2D asset creation pipeline, animation, Unity implementation, and some aspects of Technical Art.
Though you may not be a Senior in every branch mentioned, you must have at least Mid-level experience in all.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong artistic skills and understanding of traditional art and animation principles
- Ability to create fully optimized and realistic in-game VFX for a wide range of system requirements
- Ability to create shaders or modify existing ones depending on the VFX’s needs
- Positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent organization, communication, and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed to meet deadlines in a quickly evolving environment
- Knowledge to use scripts and actions for VFX
- Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes
- +1.5 years’ experience creating real-time special VFX for video games
- Experience creating VFX in Unity
- Experience working with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya, 3D Studio Max, or Blender), and particle editors, as well as AfterEffects or similar programs for pre-visualizing VFX
- Experience with shaders using Shadergraph and post-processing tools
- Experience or knowledge of repository tools (Git)
- Guide and mentor other team members.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and scrum working environments.
Working conditions and perks
- Benefits package
- Work-from-home with the opportunity for a hybrid model
- Friendly and professional work environment
- Scrum / agile process and communication
- Diverse and challenging projects
- Team building activities and programs
- Human-centric company culture
$15,000 – $25,000 MXN
Send us your CV to email@example.com